About Babel Street:
Babel Street is the world’s leading AI-enabled data-to-knowledge company. Our technology allows customers to rapidly discover and decipher the insights they need to empower their missions, regardless of origin, language or platform. Babel Street’s patented analytics software transforms large volumes of multilingual, public or private data from around the world into relevant insights for our customers through AI-enabled, cross-lingual, conceptual and persistent search and state-of-the-art linguistics technology. With Babel Street, governments and organizations empower their teams with critical and timely insights on a single pane of glass for immediate analysis, action, and mission success. Babel Street serves as a force multiplier for customers to uncover threats and opportunities – known and unknown, foreign or domestic, physical or cyber – and ultimately, to make the world a safer, more prosperous place. Babel Street is privately held and is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area, with offices in London, Canberra and Ottawa. For more information, visit www.babelstreet.com and check out our Overview Video!
Benefits at Babel Street (just to name a few...)!
- Health Benefits: Babel Street covers ALL monthly premium costs for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurances!
- Retirement Plans: Babel Street offers both a Traditional and Roth 401(K) with a very competitive match!
- Unlimited Flexible Leave: We believe employees should take responsibility for managing their own time and to collaborate and openly communicate with their team(s) and leadership to support one another and their workload.
- Holidays: Babel Street provides employees with 11 paid Federal Holidays!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We believe in continuing education and for that reason, Babel Street has a Tuition Reimbursement Program for it's employees!
Want to learn more? Check us out!
Be sure to check us out on our website, LinkedIn, and Twitter pages for more information about who we are and what we do! In addition, feel free to visit the following:
About the Role
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Director of Marketing is responsible for developing and implementing strategic and tactical marketing and communications plans designed to capitalize on market opportunities and generate demand. The Director of Marketing will work collaboratively with sales, product, strategy and customer experience to build creative, integrated, multi-channel programs that build awareness and reputation and drive demand. This position incorporates brand/awareness, product and account-based marketing. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded experienced marketer that is self-motivated, resourceful, collaborative with exceptional communication and leadership skills.
- Working with the VP of Marketing, develop a comprehensive and aligned strategic marketing plan to include specific tactics
- Implement strategic plan with assistance of stakeholders
- Partners with the Revenue, Product, Strategy, and Customer Experience teams collaborating on strategic initiatives in support of increasing brand awareness and driving demand
- Manage the creation of all marketing collateral and sales support tools
- Be accountable for measuring and reporting on campaign results
- Execute integrated online/offline, SEM, advertising, public relation, conferences and other campaigns to generate demand and sales leads
- Work directly with the revenue team to support their efforts and align marketing strategies
- Working with the Strategy team, continually identifies competitors and evaluates their strategies and positioning and devise counterstrategies
- Implements the content strategy across multiple channels creating high quality content to include thought leadership, white papers, articles, blogs, case studies, social media, video and more working with our SMEs and external vendors for content and public relations
- Owns the “go-to-market/content” calendar collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure alignment across revenue, product, and strategy
- Work with product to support the roll-out and launch of new products, features, functionality developing sales tools, announcements, etc.
- Ensure our messaging is consistent across all channels – website, presentations, product marketing material, blogs, social media, etc.
- Oversees the operation of the company’s website and social media accounts and provides regular metrics reports
- Create and own the marketing dashboard working with the VP of marketing and the digital marketing vendor..
- Experience in government, international and commercial marketing
- Understanding of SaaS, data landscape and analytics a plus
- Understanding of data privacy and security regulations/implications a plus
- Solid experience creating and executing integrated marketing campaigns using tactics that include thought leadership, live events, webinars, digital advertising, social networking
- Strong project management and performance management skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior level executives
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Exceptional written and communication skills
Education / Travel:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years’ experience in a marketing management position
- Travel Requirements (post-COVID) 25% to 30%
Babel Street is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Babel Street will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.